The Levinia Crooks Emerging Leader Awards were launched by ASHM in 2018, as a way of honouring the legacy of A/Prof Levinia Crooks, AM and recognising her significant contribution to our sector. For over 30 years Levinia took an active role in recognising especially emerging leaders within the BBV and STI field and had personally mentored many talented individuals, researchers and practitioners.
Nominations for the BBV and STI Award will open on the 25th August 2020 and close on the 23rd September 2020. ASHM will notify the winner by 12th October 2020.
- FREE registration to the 2020 Australasian HIV&AIDS and Sexual Health Conference (Virtual).
- Complimentary ASHM ordinary membership for a year worth $235.
- Presentation with a certificate publicly at 2020 Australasian HIV&AIDS and Sexual Health Conference (Virtual).
- Opportunity to provide a 10-minute (pre-recorded) unique, oral presentation at the 2020 Australasian HIV&AIDS and Sexual Health Conference - demonstrating how their achievements embody the Levinia Crooks Emerging Leader Award.
Criteria for the Award:
- Working in the field of HIV, other BBVs or sexual health in Australia and/or New Zealand
- Early to mid-career (0-10 years working in the sector)
- Demonstrated leadership achievement in most or all of the following areas:
- Their leadership is bold, innovative, inclusive and inspires collaboration in the sector.
- Seeks to establish, promote and strengthen meaningful partnerships and collaborative opportunities to drive outcomes.
- Ensures community-based and person-centred care and engagement at all times.
- Commitment to ongoing development of knowledge and skills in the sector, and application of evidence-based practice.
- Successful advocacy with government and/or other regulatory bodies
- Actively shares responsibility, authority, information and credit when working towards the achievement of a goal
- Sets a high standard of integrity by leading through example and maintains high personal standards
Nominations are assessed by a panel of adjudicators to determine a winner:
Scott McGill; Deputy CEO ASHM - ASHM Representative
Nicolas Parkhill; CEO ACON - Community Representative
Edwina Wright; Associate Professor - Conference Committee Representative
Mark Bloch; Conjoint Associate Professor - ASHM Board Representative (President)
Richard d’Apice AM - Close and personal friend of Levinia
To nominate your up-and-coming leader please click here https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LCELABBV20.